Laos Australia National Scholarships
The LANS scheme offers domestic university level scholarships in order to improve access to tertiary study for disadvantaged students, in line with social inclusion and education objectives of the Australian aid program. The scheme originally ran from 1997 to 2009, and was then redesigned, with the new program starting in 2011 with an intake of 70 students at the National University of Laos (NUoL) in Vientiane. In 2015, the program was extended to include Souphanouvong University in Luang Prabang.
The objectives of the LANS program are to:
- Support academically able female and male students from disadvantaged backgrounds to complete a degree program at a Laos public university;
- Help address the critical human resource needs in priority development sectors and areas in Laos; and
- Improve organisational capacity in the management of scholarships and provision of student services in the public universities in Laos.
Currently, there are around 260 students from four intakes enrolled at NUoL and 20 students from the first intake at Souphanouvong. A cohort of 63 students graduated from NUoL in 2015. As well as covering a range of student fees and stipends, LANS provides support for university administrations and the running of an Academic Support Program (ASP) through NUoL’s Faculty of Letters and Souphanouvong’s Faculty of Education. The program includes regular activities to strengthen university administration of scholarships and classroom teaching for the ASP.
You can find out about LANS students below here:
Click below links for LANS Application Forms
- LANS Application Form 2016 - NUOL (LAO) Here
- LANS Application Form 2016 - SU (LAO) Here
For more information please click Here